Friday, February 27, 2015

The Perfect Thanksgiving - This One's Just For Fun

So, during the week leading up to the Thanksgiving holiday, I told Lisa I was planning to go out and shoot us a turkey and not to worry about buying a bird for the big meal. I loaded up the big ole 12 gauge and put on my camo and headed out. For those of you who don’t know, birds can see color, so good camo is a must.

It wasn’t long after day break (you hunters out there know you can’t shoot turkeys before official sunrise), I found a few clustered together and picked out a nice 12 to 15 pounder. I took careful aim and pulled the trigger on “Ole Bessy” … KAABOOOM!

I’m pretty sure those two little old ladies in the frozen food section of that particular Harris Teeter soiled themselves while diving for cover. How did those two crazy women think they were going to bag a turkey without camo?

The Harris Teeter manager came running over yelling and screaming and waving his arms like he was conducting flight operations on the aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan. He finally calmed down enough to say, “You sir, are no longer welcome here!”

Great! Now, where the heck am I supposed to go shooting for our Christmas lamb?

No comments:

Post a Comment